back

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Power of Music

 Have you ever stopped to think what the world would be like if there was no music? If no one new how to sing?? It would be pretty damn quiet, road trips would be long and boring, house work wouldnt be as much fun.. Think of all the things that couldnt happen because there was no music! (Dancing)

 How many song come on the radio that you can apply to something that has happened in you in your life? I know there are many song that I can think of for my self. Some are just song that make me remember certain things that happened in life.

When my now husband and I split up over 2 years ago, I stopped listening to country music. It just made me more sad and depressed as it was the genre of music we listened to.  I then started listening to alternative. The song that pretty much summed up my life at the moment was "Timebomb" by God Smack. Talks about your life being a living hell and wondering why your even alive. Totally fit for how I felt. I messed my life up so bad.

One day in December my ex came to the house that I was staying at to talk about thing. Along with him he brought a CD. The artist was Jason Aldean. I hadnt yet hear of him since I was on a hiatus from country music. He put the CD into the stereo and turn it on. The song was "Do you wish it was me?" Instantly I broke into tears, the song, its words, they just fit with out I felt. I listened to that song almost every day after that night. I did wish it was him I was still with.. Luckly we did end up working our problems out and are now married!

Another song that catches my heart any time I hear it is "Fix you" by Coldplay. I can hear just the background music and it give me goose bumps. Someone I know, but not very well, had lost her baby before he was born. She had to go through birth at 31 weeks to a still born baby boy. She made a video to remember him by. She said this was his song because she had once sang it to him before she knew he had passed. I have watched that video so many times and even as I type this get tears in my eyes. No one should ever EVER lose a child. It doesnt matter if its a still born, SIDS, a car accident, murder.. No one SHOULD EVER lose a child.. Its my biggest fear.. So this song, though I liked it before all this, will forever be in my heart as will the mother and her perfect little boy.

 That new song of Carrie Underwood, "Undo It" applies great to someone else. When my DH and I had split up (you know 2+ years ago before we were married) I had left him because I was lusting after this "bad boy" He lead me on. We had a great time together for about 3 weeks, then it went down the drain, as did my life at that time.. This song makes me think of the hell he put me through, the hell I put my self through and how much I thought at the time I had messed my life yup. Although he is a thing of my past, rarely to be thought of or even spoken of, he still comes up in moments when I least expect it. Im so over him and hate him or what happened.. So I would like to undo it, get my happy that he had stolen along with my heart and erase the memories we had together. I just want to copy that song on a CD and mail it to his dumb ass. However, I do not want to go back and do it all over because in the end I got something amazing out of that little blip in my life.. I got Ellie.. I got my beautiful baby girl.. I love her so much and cannot imagine life with out her.

So it is just crazy how music has such an impact on every day life. There are songs that I can relate things to from years and years and years ago. I couldnt imagine a world without music..

2 comments:

Janessa said...

Agreed. I always had break up songs.. with Mike it was "Since U Been Gone" and the first time Clint & I broke up it was "Kerosene." That's horrible. But it made me feel better at the time! Silly but "Grandpa" but the Judds makes me think of my late Grandpa simply because of the title. "No One Else On Earth" by the Judds (or just Wynona?) reminds me of being about 10 years old dancing around my bedroom. I still love that song! Then there's a handful of songs that my brother used to do at karaoke that remind me of him. So yeah, the world is a better place with music! :)

Photosnaps04 said...

Hahaha That whole Judds tape reminds me of doing the same thing! Dancing around my room with my bf, enjoying childhood!