back

Saturday, May 1, 2010

My Son




I just realized, that because I am just starting to blog again I havent blogged about my son.

Garrett Michael-Wells was born January 25, 2010 at 7:10 pm. He weighed 8 lbs 11 oz and was 20 inches even. Here's our story.


I went in on January 25th, 2010 to be induced. We were scheduled to be there at 6 AM but of course we were a little late. Once we got there and admitted, the hooked me up with IV fluids and a drip for GBS. Around 8 they started the Pitocin drip. They checked me at 9 and said I was still 3 cm and baby was still high. My OB wanted to break my water, but decided to wait til the baby dropped more. Contractions started to get stronger but nothing serious or painful. 12:45 they checked me again and I still hadn’t dilated passed 3 cm, though baby had dropped little. They had me laying on my side saying it would help to bring him down. I was so hungry since I hadn’t eaten anything since 8 the night before. Around 3 pm, my OB decided to brake my water since I wasn’t dilating. After he did that the contractions got way strong and painful! I was for sure ready for my EPI! The nurse said she wanted to wait at least 15 minutes to see how baby reacted to my water being broke. I finally got my epi at 4 pm and OMG it hurt soooo bad!! First doing the numbing shot, I didn’t know she would be poking me more then once, so when she poked me the second time it scared me and hurt, I pulled away.. I had a pain down my hip. Then the lady doing it said I may feel “electricity in my legs or back.” She wasnt kidding! I got this weird electric pain in my leg, my leg jerked all by its self.. That was enough to make me almost cry. It was horrible.... HOWEVER, it was totally worth it because it make all the pain go away! It was also done good this time again, like with Ellie, I could still move my legs some and still feel minor pressure from the contractions.. I also started itching instantly! EVERYWHERE! My tongue itched! My eyes itched (lol) everywhere itched. The nurse came and checked me again around 5 pm and I was between 6-7 cm. The epi made me a little jittery too. Not much longer! I called my mom to let her know she should come to the hospital. By six my mom was there and I was 8 cm. Shortly there after I started feeling pressure down there. I told my nurse. She got me all set up and turned the “flood light” on. She held one leg and my mom held the other. She told me to push.. We did a few “practice” pushes to see if baby would come down. I was kinda embarrassed at first cause Logan was there, I was afraid Id poop on the table and he would never let it go. But I finally had to tell myself to get over it and push. My nurse says “Stop! He’s about to come! Have to get your OB!” So off she went to fetch my doc.. They came rushing back in. It took two big pushed to get his head out. That was a weird feeling. I could feel him crowning, no pain just the pressure. Then two smaller pushes to get his body out, which also was a weird feeling! Baby Garrett Michael-Wells was born at 7:10 pm. He weighed 8 lbs 11 oz and was 20 inches long. Everyone kept saying how big he was, but he was still small to me! I only tore a tiny bit. They called it “skid mark.” lol (I had “road rash” with Ellie) We had to stay in the hospital for two days. So glad to be home now!

Couple days old

3 Months old- He is a great baby. So quiet, hardly fusses. Already sleeping through most of the night. I love his smiles and giggles! To cute!!

2 comments:

punk rock michelle said...

great story! Induction is rough! I hated mine! It's so weird that you got all itchy after your epi..(those things are scary!) that must have felt odd! & OUCH at the skid mark! that sounds pretty painful to me !
& CONGRATS ! He is totally adorable & sounds like a great little boy :D

Photosnaps04 said...

Thanks Michelle! :) It was so weird being all itchy. The skid marks were painful but I am glad I didnt get not 3 or 4 degree tares!