back

Friday, October 15, 2010

Rememberence




Today is October 15th. Many people would reply, "Ya so?" and a few understand the importance of this day. This day is the day that all across the world we celebrate the lives of babies and children who passed way before their time. So every year at 7:00 all across the world on October 15th, a candle is lit for these little souls. In rememberence of who they were and who they could have been.

Tonight, I light these candles for very special ones; My brother and his wife just recently lost their first baby. It was very early in the pregnancy but still just as hard. Another candle is lit for my friend who's little girl, Emily, lived for 6 days and was taken away with no explanation. Two more candles are lit for another mommy who has had a very very hard time. Her first, a son name Ryan was taken at 33 weeks (born sleeping) and her second, a daughter named Lailani, was taken at 21 weeks (born sleeping). Another candle is lit for a friend who lost her second baby early on in her pregnancy. The last candle is lit for all the other babies lost all over the world. No soul should go uncelebrated.

Forgot Not Me

My little one
You have left us too soon
Though my body can no longer hold you
I hold you forever in my heart
As precious and beautiful as this flower caught in time
A mother's love does not forget.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Janessa said...

You made me cry you turd. But thank you. :)